Volunteer Opportunities at the Women's Resource Center
Volunteer Roles Include:Administrative Assistance
- Receptionist - Answer phones, greet clients, help with client registration, and provide support to walk-in visitors.
- General Administrative Support Volunteer - Provide assistance with general agency administrative tasks including program set-up, office organization, and event preparations.
- Resource Information Assistant - Organize and stock our resource kiosk, ensuring that our clients have access to up-to-date information about community resources.
- Data Entry
- Speaker's Bureau - Represent the Center by speaking about our mission, programs, and services at a variety of community events (training required).
- Floor Floater /Greeter - Welcome clients to the Center and assist them with their needs.
- Community Resource Specialist – Work one-on-one with community women to help provide support, encourage problem-solving, and offer resource referrals. Volunteers must meet criteria to participate (Minimum age 25 and Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred) and a 35-hour training course is required.
- Resume Support – Assist clients working on resumes (with both content and design)
- Women's Empowerment Self-Esteem Facilitator – Facilitate a 4-part series dedicated to helping women develop healthy coping skills that will enhance self-esteem. Curriculum provided. Volunteers must meet criteria to participate (Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred) and a 10-hour training course is required.
- New Choices Program Facilitators – Provide Human Resource Development support for Displaced Homemakers seeking employment including resume support, interviewing techniques, career counseling, etc. (Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree and background in group facilitation preferred)
- New Choices Mentors – Support a new graduate from our New Choices –Strategies for Success job-readiness program. Provide weekly support and encouragement to job-seeking individuals. (Minimum age 25 and High School graduate preferred)
- Community Education Workshops – The WRC is able to offer outstanding educational opportunities to our community thanks to the support of our volunteer facilitators. If you have expertise in an area related to financial, physical, emotional health or self-care, we welcome your workshop proposal! Proposals are selected based on client and community needs. (Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree and background in group facilitation preferred)
Thank you for your interest in our volunteer program! We rely on our large network of volunteers to support and enhance our programs and services. If you are interested in learning more about our volunteer opportunities, please contact Karen Jackson, Volunteer Coordinator #275-6090 or email@example.com.